What is a Mobile Hotspot?
A mobile hotspot is a small device that allows you to access the Internet on your computer, tablet, or other devices by using mobile technology. Our mobile hotspots are free to use. Easy to use, simply follow the instructions in the guide and use it like any other Wi-Fi network. You can leave the hotspot plugged in, or take it on the go for up to 6 hours of battery use.
Check Out a Hotspot
- Hotspot borrowers must be 17 years old
- Only one hotspot is allowed per household
- Each hotspot will support up to 10 connected devices
- Hotspots may be borrowed for two weeks with a possibility of renewal
- Hotspot borrowers will be fined $1 per day, up to $10 late fee
- Loss of a hotspot will incur a $60 fee
- While checked out, the hotspot remains the responsibility of the borrower
- Any attempt to alter the hotspot is strictly prohibited
- Internet usage is not tracked by the Library or the service provider
- The Library does not provide patron information to the service provider
- The only data about the hotspot program that the Library collects is the total amount of data transmitted and received by each device during a billing cycle